Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Peach Cobbler....

My great grandma ...big mother...
(that's what we all called her)
made the best peach cobbler I have ever eaten!!!!
I have not gotten mine to taste like hers but I am getting closer and closer...
practice makes perfect...
First I start out with fresh Hedley Peaches!!!
(I put peaches up in the freezer so I can have them all year round)
2 cups peaches
You will also need....
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 dashes of salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups milk
(last time I tried half and half and it made it very dry... so I say stick with milk)
2 sticks of butter

side note: check out my new super cute measuring cups!!!
($1.97 at walmart!!!)

I grease the pan with the butter wrapper...
then in a separate bowl mix everything up...
pour into greased pan...
then place peaches on top of the batter....

about 5 minutes before its done I sprinkle sugar on top!!
cook on 350 for about 30 minutes...
(keep an eye on it...)
Take out and enjoy with your sister... mom... grandma...
or just with some ice cream and a good TV show!!!




2 comments:

  1. I just got some peaches from the market and was looking for a good cobbler recipe. I'm so glad you posted this!!

    ReplyDelete