Saturday, June 20, 2009

...Ireland a year ago...

I am feeling really lonesome for Ireland!!! just a year ago we were there and it seems like just days have gone by... but its been a year!!! I just took a walk down "memory lane" and I thought I would share...


Our 8 hour layover in New York!!!


Kathleen snapped this really cool picture of ireland right before we landed at Shannon airport


Just arrived at Grandma Pegs house!!!


torc waterfall


Grandma Pegs house!!! Its so cute and charming I just love it!!!



Breakfast at our aunt Noramays B&B!!!


In her flower garden


The Sheean River... just a short walk from my grandmas house!!!








The Wards!!!


Grandma Peg baking bread!!!!


Tea time!!!! (like every 2 hours... I wish we did that here, I loved tea time)






What a cool bridge, I wonder how may years ago that was built?


I wanted brown bread and honey!!!! ahahahah i love you sister


Sheean Falls Lodge... same river that goes by Grandma Pegs house!









What beautiful country!!!


Road signs in Ireland... not confusing at all!!!!



Our holiday house!!!



The most awesome station wagon ever!!! forget suv's... we all need one of thies!!!



the Kenmare Bay!!!


I want to live here!!!!!!






Kathleen, Mom and I at the lakes of kilarney!!! so very pretty!


Muckross House... i would hate to have to mow that grass!!!

Kathleen and Mike in a Jonting (sp) car!!! they had such a cute old man that drove them and sang to them!!! we had a 16 year old named TYLER (real irish) who had a cold and snezed on us the whole time!!! but it was so much fun!!!



Ross Castle


Donny and my cousens pet sheep



all she had to do was shake the bucket and they came out of the wood work!!!






my grandmas church just down the road from her house.






Thatched Cottages


And we cannot forget that just a year ago we were celebraiting the Wards!!!!!!!! Congrats kathleen and mike we hope you have 80 more to come!!!! that will make mike 105 and kathleen 102 but we know you can do it!!!! congrats guys we love you!!!!!




3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I don't even remember yelling about the bread that morning! And I snagged a couple of your pictures for our album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come with you next time you go to Ireland, it's gorgeous! I miss you Collenna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. the pictures of the waterfall and river are beautiful..
    Ireland is now on my list of "places to go"

    ~wishing you all the best from Saudi Arabia

    ReplyDelete